Pre-Loading a New Client Account with Templates

I'd like to use the API so that all new client accounts automatically have several templates in their account ready to go.  We'll have 10 available for them to choose from and all clients will have the same templates.  Please let me know if there is any known way to do this.  If not, what are the alternate methods to quickly load 10+ templates to a clients' account?

Also - I'm looking for someone to help us w/ the API.  So, if you are a freelancer that does API work please get in touch!  mandi at

jamesd jamesd, 6 years ago

Hi there,

The Client.Create and Template.Create methods will provide the functionality needed.

When you create a client using Client.Create, you receive a client ID for the client you've created, which you can then pass on to Template.Create as the ClientID argument. You'll just need to make sure you have the URLs for all your template files available and you can then call Template.Create for each of your templates.

Hope that helps.

mandileman, 6 years ago

Thanks so much!!  :)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free