Why doesn't Subscribers.GetUnsubscribed get deleted also?

I need to synch the user newsletter-opt-in selection in our database with the emai lists in campaign monitor on a periodic basis.

So I have a script that runs which calls Subscribers.GetUnsubscribed to see who has been unsubscribed since the last time my script was run.  I notice however that the Subscribers.GetUnsubscribed api call only gets users added to the Unsubscribed list, and ignores anyone added to the 'deleted' list.   I note that if you remove a subscriber via the web interface from a single list only, they always go to the 'deleted' list.

Is there a way to make Subscribers.GetUnsubscribed include 'deleted' users, or another api call that gets deleted users?

jamesd jamesd, 6 years ago
Torrents :

I note that if you remove a subscriber via the web interface from a single list only, they always go to the 'deleted' list.

The app allows you to move the subscribers you have selected to either "Deleted" or "Unsubscribed".

Torrents :

Is there a way to make Subscribers.GetUnsubscribed include 'deleted' users, or another api call that gets deleted users?

We don't currently support retrieval of deleted subscribers via the API. To achieve your synchronisation requirements described in your post, you should ensure that your subscribers are unsubscribed rather than deleted.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098