Trigger emails and autoresponders

Are there features within campaign Monitor similar to those I have used in other packages where i can configure for either a single email or series of emails to be automatically sent to my users after certain trigger actions.

What I mean is that when a new users subscribes to my list I know you can send them a custom email, but it would be useful to send a further follow-up email automatically x number of days later.

Additionally adding triggers to specific links of content items would be useful so that I could send out specific follow-up emails if users have clicked on certain topics or links.

If this is not within the CM product then is it on the roadmap?

thanks for your help in advance - these features will help me sell the CM product to my clients.

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi,

This is something that we are developing but haven't released yet. I can't give you any kind of timeline, but it is on its way. We'll definitely make a big announcement when we release this one.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
SaaSFan, 6 years ago

Davida, I am currently determining whether to go with Campaign Monitor or MailChimp. I love the simplicity of Campaign Monitor, but because there is no drip marketing/autoresponder feature or salesforce.com integration, I am leaning towards MailChimp.com. However it would be an easy decision if you guys were to add these.

Carrying on from what effectivedigital wanted, I would rather autoresponders and triggers based upon the stage in the sales cycle that a particular contact is in rather than if they simply clicked on a link.

A scenario would be; a contact begins on list A and starts receiving autoresponder emails based on that pre-determined schedule. However if I was to update a specific field in my CRM (say in salesforce.com) that relates to a change of that contact in my sales cycle (say from prospect to a client) it would be great if CM was triggered to move that contact from list A (therefore stopping further list A emails) and be transferred to list B to begin receiving emails based on that particular autoresponder schedule etc etc.

I really would like to start using CM. Is this something that would be interesting for CM to develop, or is this something that I could create using your API?

Dave Dave, 6 years ago

Thanks for those additional suggestions SaaSFan,much appreciated. We're really happy with how this feature is coming together, and like everything we'll be starting simple, and then look at further improvements based on feedback just like this. You will definitely be able to do some interesting things with this functionality via the API, and we'll have more on that soon.

dotgarden, 6 years ago

I love Campaign Monitor because of the white label-ness of it.

I have a client wants me to set up a custom template and email list setup, and I'd love to do it through my reseller CM account. BUT, CM lacks SalesForce Integration and also the Autoresponders feature. The big advantage CM offers right now is the whitelabel. If you can put out something that also offers these other features, it makes it worth my clients while... But, they've already been looking at MailChimps prices... so, I can't imagine they'd want to pay more for less... its a complicated marketplace right now.

SHellier, 6 years ago

Is there any update on CM integration with Salesforce and development of Trigger event and/or Autoresponder features?

Thank you

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

Hi SHellier

I recall having replied in a thread about Autoresponders lately... Ah, there it is (I linked to Mathew's reply)!
I also red that Autoresponders are suppose to be done in 2010.

Let's not put too much pressure by quoting them on it too much though! ;-)

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
WebsiteTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Yes, it is definitely coming, we're all working hard on it as well as other things, and we'll announce it once it is done.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Jasonh1234 Jasonh1234, 6 years ago

Standing-by...

@j_holtslander
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi folks, we're pleased to announce that autoresponders are now available in all Campaign Monitor accounts. That's right, both designers and clients can send once-off and ongoing triggered campaigns such as welcome emails, birthday greetings and reminders. Priced at 1 email credit each with no delivery fee, autoresponders are also an economical way to stay in touch with your subscribers. Find out more.

We'd like to thank you all for your patience while our team has worked hard to bring autoresponders to you. This hasn't been a minor release for us and we've decidedly put all our hearts into making it both easy to setup, manage and report on. That said, if there's anything you would like to see us improve, or add to, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Finally, thank you for helping us shape our autoresponders. We've been logging each and every one of your comments, suggestions and questions since the beginning and continued to refer to your ideas all throughout the development process.

So, now it's over to you, folks. Please enjoy. :)

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi folks, a few of you on this thread have requested Salesforce integration with Campaign Monitor. Well, we're pleased to announce that it's here - check it out.

The Salesforce connector for Campaign Monitor can be installed on Enterprise and Developer Editions only, for up to 5 licenses during the trial. We've got a walkthrough, screenshots and more details in our blog.

Many thanks to Han at SNB Apps for releasing a 30-day, limited free trial. We'd love to hear your feedback, or alternately, you can contact SNB apps directly.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098