How to edit subscriber email address?

Hi All,

What is the best way to update a subscriber's email address using API calls?  I don't see an update method.  I guess I could first unsubscribe their old email address, then add their new email address, but an update would be better.  Any suggestions?

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

The API doesn't currently support that, so you would need to basically unsubscribe the old one, and add the new one. We'll add your vote for an update function though.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
MattParker, 5 years ago

Can I add a vote for this, please?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Of course you may, Matt. I've added your vote internally :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
derek.clapham, 5 years ago

Since you guys have released Auto Responders I would say that this functionality is not really optional. Currently if I unsubscribe and then add the new email address as a new subscriber to a list with Auto Responders, the entire "triggered campaign" starts again.

Please add my vote x 100! It's a show stopper for us and I would presume many other companies trying to implement lists with auto responders whilst trying to keep email addresses in sync.

Phil Phil, 5 years ago

Hi Derek,

Agreed - it's definitely something that needs greater attention, particularly in the light of the use case you've mentioned.

jamesd jamesd, 5 years ago

Good news, people: You can now update a subscriber via the API.

API documentation has been added, and all our officially supported client libraries/wrappers now support this functionality.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free