Date tags and the new year?

I'm getting ready to schedule a few emails to go out for clients and have a question regarding the date tags.
<$currentyear$> specifically.

If I schedule the email in 2007 to go out in 2008, will the <$currentyear$> tag be filled with 2007 or 2008?

Simple question...just didn't know the answer.

Update: Apparently this is only available in MailBuild (which I still want to know how the tags will react) and not Campaign Monitor. Is there another way to do the same thing with CM templates?

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

With Campaign Monitor, since you are uploading the complete HTML page yourself, you can just put whatever date you like into the page.

With MailBuild, the date is inserted at the time the campaign is actually sent (and is based on the clients timezone setting). So if it sends in 2008, the year will be 2008 in the campaign.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
redketchup, 8 years ago

Just as I was expecting. Thanks for confirming on the MailBuild functionality.

The reason I asked about this option in CM is that we have a few clients that we handle everything for, but some of the emails are identical each month (ie - monthly birthday + anniversary coupons to restaurant guests) - so having some of these tags could be beneficial. It really only effects me around this time of year, but could see it being nice for others year-round.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free