Border around images and span not showing in Outlook 2007

Before I try to pull my spleen out through my eye-socket I have to ask. Is there a way to make a border show around an image in Outlook 2007, or is it a lost case?

I want a 3px solid #000000 border around images that the client are adding, and it shows like it should in Gmail and in Apple Mail, but Outlook 2007 just ignores it.

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

Hi angrydog,

For the most part it's a lost cause, because Outlook 2007 doesn't support image borders (see the CSS guide for some information on that). Have you tried putting it in a table or a div and the border on those elements instead?

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
angrydog angrydog, 6 years ago

Thank you, D. Potter, for replying!

What I ended up with for now was to put a table around the img tag with bgcolor and cellspacing="3" to get a 3 pixel frame around the image.

I feel dirty inside...

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

That is a little dirty :). It won't work in older versions of Lotus Notes, if that matters to you (not the most frequently used client) :). Just a border on the table itself should work just fine too, it's still dirty but a little less so.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098