Three things to add to the CM wishlist

Hi guys
This is still the best white label email marketing system around - and here are three things to add to your wishlist please. (Couldn't find a new features section - but perhaps it was just a 'bloke look'?)

1. Facility to create a reseller - someone working through my account, but who can bring in their own clients. This account needs to be brandable with their own identity. Why would you do this? Because I want to bring in design agencies for example, who don't want to manage their own CM account (or don't know about it). Currently, I have to create all their clients for them, but this way they could do it all, DIY, through their own interface.
2. Labels for links - currently, all links are highlighted in reporting with the full URL. This fine, but it's difficult for a non-techie client to understand. Could we label them (alt text perhaps) so that the label is shown - e.g. 'Main image', 'Buy now', etc (or is this another one that's there already?)
3. Subscribe tag - we have unsub, forward and preferences - but shouldn't I be able to link direct to the subs page with a sub tag - or maybe I'm being dim (it has been known)

Thanks
Nick at ExtraMile Communications

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, we'll certainly record them all. Regarding 1), that is something we are not likely to add, we're looking to keep Campaign Monitor simple and reach design agencies directly.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
extramile, 6 years ago

As a former Boonex Dolphin user, it's really refreshing to have someone answer questions and comments!

Another possible to add in to the mix is a cumulative statistics page for all our clients - that's to say, I want to be able to give hard evidence to potential clients of our effectiveness. Exactly the same as the normal stats, but aggregating the totals for all campaigns for all clients (or indeed all campaigns for a single client, if possible) to be able to track development and improvements.

Thanks!

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

extramile,

Thanks for the suggestion, that's a good idea.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
extramile, 6 years ago

Thanks - we are now being asked for this again, by a large potential client. It's a bit of a show-stopper if they can't aggregate results.

extramile, 5 years ago

And lo - it's appeared! Thanks guys.

extramile, 5 years ago
extramile :

2. Labels for links - currently, all links are highlighted in reporting with the full URL. This fine, but it's difficult for a non-techie client to understand. Could we label them (alt text perhaps) so that the label is shown - e.g. 'Main image', 'Buy now', etc (or is this another one that's there already?)

Thanks
Nick at ExtraMile Communications

Any thoughts on this one ...?

Diana Diana, 5 years ago

Hey Nick,

Have you seen the email overlay report? If you go to the link report there is a link at the top to view email overlay. From there it'll show you a copy of the email with a percentage of links clicked for each specific link, so your clients will be able to know specifically where in the email the links were and how many clicks they were receiving.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
extramile, 5 years ago

Hi Diana
Thanks for the response. Yes - I have seen the overlay report and that's really useful. It's just that, in the Reports tab, the "Most popular links" and the report that sits behind it, would be clearer if we could label the link instead of having the URL. Ultimately, this for example "www.moanaboutmen.com/index.php?option=...ly&catid=54:mamcompetitions&Itemid=101" doesn't tell the user at a glance which the top link was.

Nonetheless, this is just a detail. The facilities in CM outpace pretty much anything else on the market. Brilliant! Thanks again.
Nick

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098