Support Forums to use something like Get Satisfaction

Hi Guys,

Have you ever considered using something like Get Satisfaction, Im sure you are aware, but if not go the support page on Typekit.

Its really really nice to see things like common problems, and ideas under consideration, being able to vote for features would surely give you guys a much clearer way of seeing what people are after without have to filter through this maze of posts.

People often repeat post (and there is a bloody good chance i am, as i havent bother to search for this first) and must drive you mad.

The other benefit would be that when someone reports a bug of which i can claim a couple, it is made more obvious to the rest of the community. Whereas at the moment, these things go unreported... i feel it would be good if these things were made a little more transparent/obvious.

R

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Richard,

We are aware of them, but so far it's not been a great match for us. For the common questions we already post them under help.campaignmonitor.com and we'd prefer to keep them all there in one place.

We do record feature requests, but we don't have a public voting system, mostly because we don't make our development or design decisions based on votes and it would be unfair to give that impression.

Regarding bugs, we do see your point. Typically any major bugs are squished so quickly, and others are just not affecting many people, but there could be cases where we should list known issues on a page on our side.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Richard.Wendon Richard.Wendon, 6 years ago

Re: the bugs...a definate feature id like to see - rough progress indicator/eta, would be nice too.

Mathew :

We do record feature requests, but we don't have a public voting system, mostly because we don't make our development or design decisions based on votes and it would be unfair to give that impression.

If thats the case why do CM staff often say things like this then... (a Dave Greiner example)
"I've just added your vote tot he count."

That to me indicates that a vote counts for something? I too have received similar messages... on a few occasions.

You could squash a lot of the requests (such as monthly pricing a current hot topic) by saying, "saying the same thing over and over, won't help a feature appear".

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

Hi Richard,

Anytime someone requests a feature we do add a "vote" for it internally, but those votes aren't how we decide what features to develop. So by having a public tally of "votes" it could give the impression that that's where the decision is coming from. Instead it's just our own way of recording interest in certain features. That isn't to say that interest isn't part of the decision making process, but our own goals and vision for the product are the guiding factor.

And we do genuinely like to hear why people are looking for specific features, what pain points it would help fix, etc; so hearing the same requests over and over isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it does bring up lots of feedback that we wouldn't get otherwise. When we say we're always listening we really are!

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Richard.Wendon Richard.Wendon, 6 years ago

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the reply.There are many ways to indicate that although your voting for something it wouldnt necessarily mean you are going to introduce it as a feature.

It would i think free you guys up considerably, instead of answering repeat posts, people would be much more likely just to click their interest in a feature.... they wouldnt write anything... you wouldnt have to read anything or repeat an answer given a dozen times before...

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, but any form of voting system is inevitably going to be seen as a priority list, no matter how it is presented, and that's just not the case.

So while we do spend some time repeating ourselves, we'd rather do that than the alternatives at this point.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098