Throttle sending

CampaignMonitor is sending out our newsletters too fast for our servers to handle the traffic load.

Is there a way to throttle the sending of a campaign, so CampaignMonitor fx. only will send out 5.000 mails an hour?

Best regards,
Soeren Sprogoe

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi Soeren, welcome to the forums! At present, we don't have this in our app, however a potential workaround could be to either segment your lists and send in batches, or use our A/B testing feature to send in two stages (if your list isn't bigger than 10k, hopefully!).

I've taken note of your interest in throttling your email sends and will let you know if this is something we add in the future.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
SoerenS SoerenS, 6 years ago

Hi Ros,

thanks! I'll look into the A/B-testing, sounds like the fast way to solve this problem until we figure out why our servers can't handle the load.

Best regards,
Soeren S.

Online Marketing Manager @
AAFly, 5 years ago

I just wanted to second this question/request. The ability to throttle sending would be very useful to our clients - as several have resource-intensive e-commerce sites & traffic spikes (particularly in the first 1 hour) can limit the effectiveness of our campaigns. Thanks for considering!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Cheers AAFly and welcome to the forums! I'll add your vote for this - it's our pleasure.

We're also on Facebook:
jbauer, 5 years ago

Please, this would be nice. It would be great to be able to spread the send over multiple days and be able to have it all under one campaign, so the reporting could all be under one campaign.

warcom, 5 years ago

I emailed about this the other day too.

Add my vote in too :)
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Thank you, Warcom - we've added your vote. I'll do a shout-out today for your designer role too, many thanks :)

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free