Automated e-mail Notification on subscriber form submission?

Hi and thanks for the great product - I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has been successful in implementing an automated e-mail notification sent to an admin address, every time a subscriber submits a form.

Or a daily digest. Right now I have setup an "RSS to Email" service that will email me daily with the new subscribers status for a specific list, but I don't get to see their actual name and email, since the feed only says "you have xx new subscribers today".

Is there any way I can do that? I did some searching and found a conversation from about a year ago but the friend asking the question didn't have luck achieving this either.

Thank you so much!

travisbell travisbell, 6 years ago

This is certainly possible outside of Campaign Monitor. I don't have any scripts or examples to give you but what you need to do is create a form on your own server and have it process the form submission first, before sending the data off to CM. You'd then email yourself an email, and then continue on and submit the email to the CM form.

Part of this process is outlined here:

The rest you'd need some scripting experience (PHP, ASP, Perl, etc…) and just re-create your form. You can also use the API to accomplish part of this.

Travis Bell

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free