Does CM detect duplicate email subscribers?

Currently, I've setup double opt-in for a client. But he's asked, does the system detect a duplicate email address if it's already subscribed?

I dug around the forums. Found out CM now doesn't check if a subscriber's email has already been confirmed before. When I subscribed with an existing confirmed email, it asked me to check my email and confirm my subscription again. Despite registering and confirming the same email address before.

Thus, I'd like to ask. Does CM detect duplicate email subscribers? Is it available in both single opt-in and double opt-in?

Because I need to advice my client on the matter. And, I can't find a topic on how CM handles duplicate email subscribers.

Thanks in advance for your help.

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Danny,

The lists won't duplicate email addresses (the user won't be added twice, or ever receive double copies of emails) but there is no indication given to a user who signs up to a list twice that they already belong to it.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
cosmocanuck, 6 years ago

Hi! I'm wondering if there is any way to add this functionality somehow to my client's site. It's a feature of many (perhaps most? I don't know) other such systems, even my trusty shareware Dada Mail... so would love to see it here.

I found some info about the Campaign Monitor API, including functions for accessing this bit of info for subscribers, but that's as far as I could get as API programming is way over my head! What would you suggest as a possible solution? Assuming there is one? I feel like I'm at a bit of a dead end here...

Many thanks!
adam

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098