using templates to send emails

Is it possible to use template and have a web application to add the copy to the email that is needed in the areas of the template that are editable?
I don't see a way of using template to create email campaigns.
If this isn't possible how do i upload an image zip with the html to a new campaign?
Thanks in advance!

travisbell travisbell, 6 years ago

Hi Andy,

No, we do not support editing templates via the API. The only option you have would be to use the Campaign.create method and use a URL to import the HTML. This is outlined here:

You wouldn't upload an image zip, but rather just have all of your images linked and already in the source. Our importer will automatically grab them for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Travis Bell
andyofb, 6 years ago

ahhh thats great, so campaign monitor pulls in all the images and thy are linked back to your servers when the email is sent?
Thanks for the responce!

travisbell travisbell, 6 years ago

Hey Andy,

Correct, we do all the work for you. The images will be pulled when you run the Campaign.create method. They are treated no differently then if you were to be in the app and import your HTML file when creating a new draft.

Travis Bell

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free