Giving templates tgo clients

Just realised that only I can use the templates and that clients cannot see them, support told me that I have to upload my own templates for clients to use and I have to do this for every template for every client manually, urg!!!
This is obviously a lot of hassle for a system that I thought was going to be fully automated, is there any workaround to this?

travisbell travisbell, 6 years ago

Unfortunately, there isn't. Using templates within the app itself are pretty manual and at this time and we do not provide any automated way to do it.

If you're familiar with our API though, we do have some Template.Create and Template.Update methods that could help  you automate most of this. You can read about those on our API page:

Travis Bell
fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

Well if it's that much of an issue, which in my opinion shouldn't be then I'd just give the client access to your master account. If that's not possible then you could have cloned accounts created purely for each client so they can't see your full client portfolio. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

I would also point out that Campaign Monitor is not really intended to be 'fully automated' - we expect you as the account owner to be taking an active role in helping your clients understand permission based email,  checking what they are sending and giving them advice.

In that context, having you also setup their templates for them makes more sense, we think.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free