Visited link styling possible?

Is it possible to apply style to a visited link?
I want the link to remain the same color after it's been clicked. (Outlook 03, 07)

Didn't work in my case with a style sheet.

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

Outlook is a tricky beast - it will show visited links, however reloading the email resets all these links.

For those unaware, setting a style to handle this would be something along the lines of:

A:visited {text-decoration: none; color: #FF0000; }

Just double check your CSS to make sure it's correct.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
JacobB, 6 years ago

I have found a couple of useful ways to style your links that could be of use to someone (This is not only for visited links).

The first option is adding them to your body tag as an attribute:

<body link="#ff0000" alink="#ff0000" vlink="#ff0000">

The second method is adding a style attribute to your <a> tag:

<a href="http://www.mywebsite.com" style="color: #ff0000">My Link</a>

Both of which have saved me a few times when email clients decide to not do what I want them to. ;)

Jacob

http://www.jacobbednarz.com
zapatoche, 6 years ago

Never thought of alink vlink, wil ltry this.
I usually declare the 4 links pseudo classes in the header to have link effect for compatible email client.
the rest just display defaut link color.
if i need to make it stand up on the background i apply an inline style to it but then there is no hover effect

This said alink vlink sounds good

You learn stuff every day :)

wilbertheinen wilbertheinen, 5 years ago

link="#ff0000" alink="#ff0000" vlink="#ff0000" is a good solution, but what if you have some different colors for the links?

Then you could use the following instead of link="#ff0000" alink="#ff0000" vlink="#ff0000"

a:link,
a:visited,
a:hover {
    color: #ff0000;
}
a.viewurl:link,
a.viewurl:visited,
a.viewurl:hover {
    color:#666666;
}

Important is that you place the <style type=text/css>...</style> beneath the <body> instead of placing it within the <head></head>. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Create a Clang!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098