Feature request: White label MailBuild site

Howdy,

I'd really love to pitch MailBuild to several of my clients, but I'd rather they not have access to the MailBuild pricing page.

Some kind of white label MailBuild overview *without* pricing would be great :)

Cheers.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Wayde. The problem with us making a white-label site is that everyone charges differently and pitches their services in different ways, so there isn't any one size fits all approach we can take there.

Instead, many of our customers are setting up their own sites in the way that suits them. That is, their own pricing, naming and look and feel. Check out a few case studies on customers that have already been doing this successfully. On top of this, our new custom domain feature makes this even easier.

Wayde Christie Wayde Christie, 8 years ago

Fantastic. Thanks again Dave.

And another thing...

Is it possible for clients to create their own accounts in my system somehow?

All of the MailBuild customers in the case studies you mentioned have a manual sign-up process, and it would be nice if this could be done automatically via a custom sign-up page.

Cheers.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

That's something we're considering as an additional API method some time down the track.

That would definitely reduce the sign-up barrier, so please, add my vote for that feature.

I guess in the mean time, we could implement a near instant sign-up solution ourselves...

Thanks Dave.

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

To be honest Wayde, I'd be very nervous about allowing unattended signups under your account. Remember that any actions your clients take have ramifications on your account. Whilst a delay in the signup procedure may turn away a few potential clients, it will cut out a massive amount of people who don't care about the rules, as well as eliminating any threat from malicious bots.

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Dave Dave, 8 years ago

I completely agree Stormy, that's something I should have mentioned earlier. Even if we did allow this process to be automated for new customers, there would definitely be an approval process that new signup would have to go through  before they could import their subscribers and deliver any emails.

Ah yes - I forgot about the old spam problem :)

Thanks for your input folks - much appreciated.

vince, 8 years ago

Your own sign-up process allows free accounts to be setup automatically, why can't we do the same?
All the coding obviously exists already.
Maybe just restrict to the maximum 5 emails per list until approved?

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

We have an approval process for each account - you might remember having to enter a few of your details including phone number, and how you intend to use MailBuild?

vince, 8 years ago

Yes indeed Ben, and it's a great process and exactly what I was suggesting we should have?
Therefore client accounts get created into the system automatically so we don't need to cretae a form and database to capture these outside of the MB system.

Maybe it's just me not able to make myself clear.

Ben :

We have an approval process for each account - you might remember having to enter a few of your details including phone number, and how you intend to use MailBuild?

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

We'll definitely take these suggestions on board Vince, thanks for the feedback.

In our discussions with designers using MB, they usually work with the client to create a template that suits their design, and discuss with them the how permission was gained for the subscribers they intend to send to. On top of this, they usually discuss the pricing scheme that's going to work best for the client.

Since there is already quite a bit of interaction with the client, there isn't really a huge amount of time to be saved in automating the adding of them as a client via the API (in fact, integrating this into your own system is going to take a while in itself).

And if you want to be able to easily give people a demo of the system, why not give them the username/password of the demo account (after turning list importing off). This way they can get a feel of the system without even having to create an account, and you'll be able to present them with an account that has some good sample content in there (templates, maybe a 1/2 created campaign etc).

vince, 8 years ago

Thanks for listening - by the way, why not create polls for us to vote on features?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098