Not receiving test emails

I am trying to send out a test of my campaign, but I cannot do so. I have tried sending it to several different addresses, but none of them have received it. I have checked all spam folders and any nooks and crannies it could hide. All of the addresses are receiving other mail.

I have been sending out similar mailings once per month for the past six months and have never had this problem. In the first month I noticed the tests were going straight to spam, but I added the address to my contacts and have had no problems since.

Note: I have completed a spam test on the campaign and it passed 100% of all filters.

What is going on? Is there something I can do?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

HI katf, you may want to check out this article on why test emails don't come through. The skinny is that some mail servers don't like receiving emails from the same domain as they are being sent to (eg. an email from '' to '').

If this isn't the case for you, please drop our team an email at support [at] with details and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of it.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free