Many email template in one campaign

Hi there,

I would like to know if we can fully customize email sent to 20,000 users.

Exemple:

Mr. X wish to receive War news, Sports News, Food News
Mr. Y wish to receive Sports news, Women News
Mr. Z wish to receive Women News, War News.

Could I send 1 campaign with different email depending on the user's interest?

Like, using Custom Field for an HTML bloc?

Thanks!

BThies BThies, 6 years ago

Yes you can, but keep in mind that custom fields have a limit of 250 characters.  That doesn't leave a lot before you'd need to link to a full version.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
mdchal, 6 years ago

So,

Basically, if I want to publish 1 news letter based on interest, I would need to have a different mailing-list for each interest combinaison?

You could do it in one file - it really depends on how the information is being pulled together and compiled.

If I set something like this up in Excel in one file, the column headings going across could be something like:

Name  |  Email  |  InterestTitle1  |  Article1  |  LinkToArt1  |  InterestTitle2  |  Article2  |  LinkToArt2

Then I'd populate the first title/article and second title/article based on the interest setup of the person in name/e-mail.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Brian

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
mdchal, 6 years ago

Hmmm Okay.

So I would have to pay, 5$, but it would allow me to send 5 differents versions based on people's interest?

Yes. :-)

I should also mention, you can use multiple custom fields for one article to extend the content if needed.

Just remember that you're limited to 250 characters per custom field, and only 20 custom fields total.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098