Converting Completed Newsletters to PDF?

Hi, is there a way to convert a completed newsletter campaign to PDF so that all sent campaigns can be archived?  I've only found one option by "View Campaign" then right-clicking and Print.  But the end-result printed is not as smooth as the original email (missing blocks of color, messy, etc).  Thanks so much for your help.

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Anh,

Generally printing straight from HTML will give undesired results. You can get some sort of screen grab utility that will make better PDFs for printing if that's what you like.

You can have the system create an archive of past campaigns. You can read more about that here.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

There's a few places you can go to convert URL's to PDF's, such as http://html-pdf-converter.com/.

Simply add your URL and convert it all for free.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
BThies BThies, 6 years ago

It'd be great to see that functionality integrated into the CM reporting interface as an additional benefit for our clients.  I believe they (pdf-converter.com) offer a simple link with the referring site filled in already to provide the conversion.

Might also be nice to provide a custom link (like the webversion link) that uses that site to instantly convert the webversion of the e-mail to PDF format for the recipient.  "Click here to save & view as PDF" sorta thing.

It can obviously be done by hosting the document elsewhere and supplying the link, but not when custom fields or templates are involved.

If there are already votes being taken for this functionality, add mine to it.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
RobinYoungblood RobinYoungblood, 6 years ago

A little late to the party ... I agree with Brian. One of my clients would like to post the email as a flyer, essentially, and be able to give that flyer to their customers.

I can do the screen grab and convert, but that takes away the autonomy and ownership that I've given to my clients to send campaigns (and advertise their meeting) themselves.

BThies BThies, 6 years ago

Hi Robin,

A great site I found for converting email/webpage to PDF is pdfcrowd.com.

It provides plenty of options to customize the final document, including keeping all the links where they belong.  It also allows you to create one long document instead of breaking it into pages.

- Brian

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098