How to convert pdf to html

I am brand new to this and need some very basic information. Our newsletter is stored on our server in pdf format. I would like to make a readable html email out of that. I tried the quick-and-dirty method of mailing it to myself at Gmail then viewing it then saving it as html. It was not very readable.
Can anyone give me an outline of what to do? Or direct me to a tutorial.
Thanks in advance.
Steve Morgan
Kauai Hospice

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

While you can use programs to convert it to HTML from PDF your best bet is to take the extra time to convert it to email safe HTML, as you really won't know if the HTML generated will fall over in some email and web clients.

It sounds like you're not currently using Campaign Monitor to send your emails out so I could suggest you try use the platform instead, otherwise you could always do a 'print screen' approach and save your PDF newsletter as an image - that at least is your quick fix for now.

My contact details are below should you wish some more help.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
kauaihospice, 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
I am just starting to use Campaign Monitor, but all the help files seem to assume that I already have my html file ready to updoad. Hence my problem. Can I convert in Campaign Monitor?
Yes, I could try the print-screen method, if I can get a high enough resolution.
Thanks,
Steve Morgan

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Hi Steve,

Yes, Campaign Monitor is really aimed at web designers, so we do assume a level of HTML skill and experience. Do you have any designers around who could help you with the process?

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098