Can I use CM to send out E-Brochure as a Flash production?

This may be a dumb question, but I'm designing a brochure in InDesign CS5 and I'm wanting to export it as a Flash document, essentially a few pages that the viewer can turn with the press of a button (also built in InDesign). Is there any way I can do this, have it be exported as a Flash and then sent out in an e-mail campaign? I've never done this before, so I have no idea. Thanx for any input and ideas!

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

Hi kmcdonough

Flash isn't a media supported in most (if not all) email client. Therefore, sending Flash files through CM wouldn't work well.

BUT (yes, keep reading :P) you could always build yourself a nice email, explaining and showing (in images) what the brochure is all about, giving some insight of it in your email, and LINK to a webpage that is displaying your flash document.

I'm planning in doing pretty much the same thing with a huge document (300+ pages) that we just finished designing. Since sending that by email would be way to heavy, we will link to the website itself, showing screenshots of the brochure's PDF (or flash document in your case).

Hope I've been of some support!

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
kmcdonough, 6 years ago

Thank you so much! That was a very informative answer, I'm going to try that.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free