Send to friend competition

Is there a way of creating a send to friend page with the API?

If not, here is what I want to do. The client wants a competition that subscribers enter by sending an email to a friend.

Obviously the friends email will not be subscribed - but we do need to be able to list all subscribers who referred a friend so that one can be chosen as a winner. Does the reporting allow this?

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Marc,

Yes the reports will display who forwarded a campaign, so you can get that data for your competition.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
exmonkey, 6 years ago

so is there a way of making a custom send to friend page?

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'a custom send to friend page'? I'm not sure what you are after precisely.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
arachne, 6 years ago

I think I know what you are after. You want a form that allows people to enter the competition by forwarding the email to their friends. The database then needs to capture the details of who has forwarded the email and who has then opted in. I am sure it would be possible with the API, but these types of promotions are notorious for generating SPAM complaints. There are a whole different set of rules for viral campaigns that you need to be aware of such as how the unsubscribe works and how you treat the data of people that have been forwarded the email but don't opt in. Be really careful how you go ahead with this. - Small Business Online

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free