Request: Client.GetSegments return number of recipients per segment

Hello,

Can you please add to the response of Client.GetSegments the number of recipients per segment? Right now it is not possible to tell how many recipients a campaign would have if segments are used.

Kind regards,
Pete

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Pete,

I've added this as a feature request with our developers.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
Joomailer Joomailer, 6 years ago

Another way to solve this problem would be a new call Client.testSegment which returns the number of recipients according to the passed segment conditions. Or is my previous request already beeing developed?
This is a serious problem for us as it prevents the use of segments in our Joomla integration because you can't tell how much you have to pay for a campaign using segments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joomailer.com - Campaign Monitor Integration for Joomla!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesd jamesd, 3 years ago

I'm surprised that this forum topic hadn't been updated when this was originally implemented ages ago, but for the record, it's possible to get the number of subscribers per segment.

First, get the segments for your list, and choose the segment ID of the segment you want to use, then get the segment's details, which includes an ActiveSubscribers field containing the number of subscribers in the segment.

Hope that helps.

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098