The doc was originally set up and formatted in the newest MacWord, all in Helvetica type and it looked good as a Word .docx. - It also looked good saved as PDF, BUT when I saved it from Word into .htm problems occurred. Altho this .htm version originally looked good in Word and when copied and pasted into an e-mail - after importing it and scanning it in Campaign Monitor's test program, there are question mark triangles all over the doc.when I opened it in your PREVIEW mode.
These question mark triangles were specifically only in three places - in place of all quotation marks, apostrophes, and in place of all bullets - but they are ALL OVER THE 14 page doc! .The preview mode won't allow me to correct or select any individual character and change it there, and I can't fix the problem copying and pasting the original Word doc into another program and then back into Word and saving it as a .htm and importing it again into Campaign Monitor for testing - same problem.
By the way, this problem doesn't seem to be just with Word as I replaced some of the problem areas in the other programs and saved them in HTML, uploaded them to your Campaign Monitor and they appeared exactly the same with those triangle question marks replacing the characters I mentioned.
I can't find a way to open the document once it's in Campaign Monitor to select and fix each area by itself. I can to this with plain text in your Campaign Monitor (but of coarse lose all the formatting), but can't figure a way to select individual characters in your "preview" mode - or any other mode - to change them.
WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?
I was supposed to have this done and tested yesterday!
Sounds like you've got a classic encoding issue on your email. This typically occurs when text is copied from a word document and the special characters aren't detected and replaced with question marks or other symbols.
What I find helps me is ensuring that UTF-8 encoding is enabled and also replacing any special characters with the correct HTML formatting.
You can use this site as a reference to convert (you can do a find and replace easily enough) the symbols used in your document to the correct encoding:
If you have imported it as a complete page (not as a template) then you can edit the HTML directly - see http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/post/3084/edit-your-campaign-in-the-browser/
Using Word to generate HTML is generally not a great plan though - as well as encoding issues, it includes way too much HTML code which can cause all kinds of rendering problems.
You'd be much better served with a simple HTML editing tool instead, for future campaigns.