Custom template does not reflect changes when updating

Has anyone had trouble getting CM to recognize when a new version of a custom template has been uploaded?  Changes I've made to the text and styling of a template I've created don't always show up when I update it, even when I delete the old version completely and then upload the new version as an entirely new template!  I've tried clearing browser cache, logging out and back in, and even waiting a day, but changes still aren't reflected.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hey Zachary,

That's a very strange one indeed - sorry to hear about that. If you haven't already, please email us the updated files, so we can have a look.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Zachary Glazer, 7 years ago

Whoops, my mistake!  I figured out that I wasn't seeing the updated styles because I had wrapped many of my template tags inside <p> tags, and the template tags get converted to <div>s, apparently.  Thanks for the response, Stig; looks like everything's working a-ok.

winecosse, 7 years ago

I also had this problem after changing a banner image and the template wouldn't reflect this update despite renaming, deleting, uploading, etc.  Eventually the penny dropped.  I had forgotten to add the new image to my zipped image folder which was uploaded. I thought I would mention this in case there is someone else having a "blonde" moment.

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free