Multiple sub-domains per account?

Is it possible to setup multiple sub-domains within a parent Campaign Monitor account?

For example, if I managed 5 clients I'd like to give them each the option to use their own sub-domain, rather than a standard domain of my choice (or even default creatsend).

Thanks,
Jack

Jarrod Jarrod, 6 years ago

Hi Jack, each Campaign Monitor account can only have one sub-domain/custom domain. We do this so you can brand the software as your own and offer this as a service to your clients. It is not designed to be a custom solution for each of your clients. Whether you setup a custom domain for your Campaign Monitor account or not, your clients will always see your name in the URL when logging into your account.

An alternative could be to setup your clients with their own account. That way you can assign their domain as the custom domain, keeping the designer login for yourself and assigning them a client login. That way you will receive our approval emails and your re-branding cover is not blown.

Steven Quick, 6 years ago

Multiple sub domains per account (or a list of old sub domains) would actually be very useful for when you want to change the custom domain we use.

Consider this example:

We want to change from oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com to newsubdomain.ourdomain.com for our custom domain.

I do understand the view in browser links will work as long as you keep the cname. However, if a client user accidentally goes to oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com to login they will see a "welcome to c/send.com" page that says "have you typed the wrong address etc". 

To me this seems to break white labeling illusion fairly badly, so currently it's not practical to change the custom domain (at all ever?) unless you're willing to have clients possibly see the default c/send page

It would be great to have a list of "old" custom domains so if a user goes to oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com to login (instead of the new domain) they see a white label page saying the current/new url for this service is newsubdomain.ourdomain.com

mikeyworrall, 5 years ago
Steven Quick :

Multiple sub domains per account (or a list of old sub domains) would actually be very useful for when you want to change the custom domain we use.

Consider this example:

We want to change from oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com to newsubdomain.ourdomain.com for our custom domain.

I do understand the view in browser links will work as long as you keep the cname. However, if a client user accidentally goes to oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com to login they will see a "welcome to c/send.com" page that says "have you typed the wrong address etc". 

To me this seems to break white labeling illusion fairly badly, so currently it's not practical to change the custom domain (at all ever?) unless you're willing to have clients possibly see the default c/send page

It would be great to have a list of "old" custom domains so if a user goes to oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com to login (instead of the new domain) they see a white label page saying the current/new url for this service is newsubdomain.ourdomain.com

I'd like to do exactly this too...

We've just rebranded from one company name to another and short of removing the original cname that we setup we cannot change the cname to our current company name.  I think this would be a very useful feature to have within out control panels so please consider adding it in the near future.

Jarrod Jarrod, 5 years ago

Hi guys,

Is it possible to set up a 301 redirect so that oldsubdomain.ourdomain.com redirects to newsubdomain.ourdomain.com?

DerekBrown, 5 years ago

The sub-domains per client would be good. Also the 301 redirect.

We're in a position where we put our company name in the sub-domain, and now realize that it should be more generic because some clients don't want to see our name in their communications, for instance the new Like buttons. Ideal would be sub-domains per client. But for now we need to figure out how to change a sub-domain without a new account and resetting up 100+ clients (and all their archives).

Any help on this would be appreciated.

croxford-technology, 5 years ago

+1 for me.

lmeurs lmeurs, 5 years ago

+1000!

fishtik, 5 years ago

+1

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098