Non roman characters in subject line

I have the word "présente" in my subject line. When i pass this through the API it ends up becoming présente.
How can I fix this problem?

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

Hi andyofb

I'm not using the API, so I may not be a huge helper on that one. You might still want to check your email is UTF-8 encoded (and so does your subject line). From my experience, encoding is the source of pretty much all problem with French and foreign language char (I'm operating in French, so I've had my share with those).

Hope it's been of some help!

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Nicko's exactly right. If you look at the code samples here you'll see you have to define the content-type as UTF-8.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
andyofb, 6 years ago

i have the content type set:
$options['header'][] = 'Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8';

and the xml encoding:
$postdata = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>\n";

still my subject line has broken characters

Jarrod Jarrod, 6 years ago

Hi andyofb, do you mind emailing support about your issue so we can take a closer look at the problem in relation to your specific campaign? Thanks.

digital, 6 years ago

I would write "presente" instead of "présente" in the subject line. Most of my campaigns are in french and several tutorials confirm it's not wise to use é, � , ê, etc. in the subject of your e-mail.

Visit North East Paris :
St-Denis Basilica | Air & Space Museum | St-Ouen Flea Market | Stade de France

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free