A subscriber wants to forward my message to his own mailing list

One for the the weekend:

One of our trade subscribers would like to send our message, with our blessing, to his own email list. I've racked my brains (brain) to think how this could work in CM, but it all boils down to him giving me the email addresses (I could set up a new client just for him etc.). Some questions remain though, and you wise people might have some creative ideas.

* Can I import a campaign from one client to another? (The campaign is written online from a template, so is not ready-made HTML). Could I save the campaign as a complete HTML file?

* He would want to edit the email to make any links point to his shop and not ours (which is fine).

At the moment, I think he just forwards the message we send him to a huge Outlook BCC. Yegads!

I'd be happy to put some work in for him and pay for him to send the campaign - after all, he's plugging our products.

There must be a better way ...

Happy weekend.

Jonathan

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

* Can I import a campaign from one client to another? (The campaign is written online from a template, so is not ready-made HTML). Could I save the campaign as a complete HTML file?

No, this can't be done by you, you'd have to export the template, import it into the new client account and rebuild the email. If you grab the HTML from the preview you'll be grabbing already made tracking links which can be problematic. You'd have to update all the links in the file to the original destination links before importing it into the client's account so that you wouldn't have tracking links pointing to more tracking links.

Why not have your client send out an email to his list asking them to sign up for your newsletter so that he doesn't have to keep forwarding them. Then they'd be on your list and wouldn't get the awful forwarded BCC mail.
Your client would need to get permission from everyone on the list anyway, to be able to send to it in Campaign Monitor.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
jonathan, 6 years ago

Hi Davida,

thanks for your reply. I agree with what you're saying about trying to migrate the HTML. That would be a mess.

I don't think the client wants to give me his addresses, and therefore doesn't want to get his customers signed up to my newsletter. He wants to sort of white-label our advertising and send it in his name, which is fine with us.

I'm going to find out whether there is more interest for this (and whether he's talking about 100 or 1000 subscribers), and then possibly suggest setting him up as a new CM client in my account. Then I could "just" build the campaign offline and upload it to different clients.

Hm. I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts along these lines. Of course, if I can get 50 retailers interested in resending my campaigns, we could be onto something. I'll keep you posted ;-)

Best wishes

Jonathan

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098