how to retrieve the total delivery costs each client made to day?

Hi there,

Our system currently has about a few clients and all of them using the billing option of "I'll pay on behalf of [Client]".  In other words, all clients (including future clients) will pay us directly, then We (System owner) will add credits to the system, all clients will share the Credits in the account. My question is if it is possible to retrieve / calculate the total costs each client made to day?

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi staten,

You should be able to do this by going to the billing area in your account, it will list all the charges made up to this point. You can also export the report and pull it into the spreadsheet of your choice, such as Excel. Did you need something more than this?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
greminn, 6 years ago

This could be done via the billing RSS feed i guess, but it would be nice to have this function via the API, so we could automate billing to our clients.

bc173, 6 years ago

+1 for billing info via API.

jamesd jamesd, 6 years ago

Hey guys, billing data is available via a feed as mentioned by greminn. Is there any reason you cannot achieve what you need by using the billing feed?

I see that "retrieving charges that have been made" has been requested by bc173 in response to my question of what we should include in the new version of our API, but I would like to see whether there is a reason the billing feed does not achieve what is needed before we add yet another piece of functionality to the API.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free