Preference centre link not recorded in analytics?

Hi I sent out a campaign earlier today to encourage my members to update their details in the preference centre.

The big problem is that for some reason CM has recorded all user activity e.g links clicked etc... but has not recorded anything at all for those who have visited the preference centre.

I really need those stats.

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

I'm pretty curious about that as well...

Since Auto-responders are out, I'm planning a campaign about that, and encourage my subscribers to update their settings, through a single button (okay, perhaps two)...

So, is it "normal"?

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
WebsiteTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
c-m, 6 years ago

I'm never really thought about it before, but it seems odd that everything else is traceable except for those clicking through to the preference center.

One has to expect that companies from time to time would encourage members to update their information, and of course companies would want to track this to measure the success of that type of campaign.

Does anyone from Campaign Monitor care to comment?

Seeing this topics hasn't got any answers yet, I'm simply bumping it.

Are there any plans to include "preferences center" analytics in the reports of a campaign?

Nickolas Simard
davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

You are correct, at this time we don't track preference center clicks. This is a request we have heard before and I've added in a few more votes for you guys.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Thanks Davida

Oh and I like the new look on your avatar (especially the hair cut). (Yes, that was very out of topic... )

Nickolas Simard
c-m, 6 years ago

In the meantime is there some code snippet or something we can put in to track this manually?

c-m :

In the meantime is there some code snippet or something we can put in to track this manually?

I really don't think so, since the Preferences Center does not have any editable area...

Nickolas Simard
bc173, 5 years ago

+1

jeremyb jeremyb, 4 years ago

I too would like to see visits to the Preference Centre tracked.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi JeremyB, I added your vote earlier and will keep you posted on this one. Sorry for not making this available at present.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098