Auto-subscribe thread authors to topic

Hi folks,

I've started a few threads here on the forum recently and a couple of times I've forgotten to click the "Subscribe to this thread" link at the bottom of my message. As a result, I've forgotten about checking the discussion once or twice.

This is no big deal of course, but I thought it would make sense to automatically subscribe the thread author to their own topics.

Cheers.

Stormy Stormy, 9 years ago

Mmm, personally I'd side against this - it's fine for one or two pertinent answers, but if a thread takes off and you don't get a chance to check emails for a day, you can end up with a barrage of emails all saying the same thing.

Of course, the best solution would be to choose in your profile whether your default choice is to subscribe or not?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Both decent suggestions guys, we'll be looking into this and the CAPTCHA option shortly.

Stormy Stormy, 9 years ago

Dave, when looking into CAPTCHA options, you may want to check on some alternatives as there are details of a few spambots being able to decrypt some less sophisticated ones.

I know PHPBB has a facility where instead of a CAPTCHA, they present a simple mathematical formula where you need to give the answer. A bit friendlier than some hard-to-read image and just as effective.

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Caseysteri, 3 months ago

Срочно понадобились деньги? не проблема!
Команда MoneyMan выдаст вам займ в режиме онлайн за считанные минуты!

Взять кредит онлайн

http://web-zarabotok.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/%D0%9C%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%BE%D1%82-MoneyMan.jpg

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098