Conditional comments for Outlook applied to all clients

I've been working with an email template I built myself and I noticed a small display problem in Outlook 2007 and 2010. So I deceided to use conditional comments, as explained here.
I added this in the html below the rest of my css:

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
table.sidebar td.tip div {
td.mainbar div.uitgelicht {

When testing my template in CM I noticed that these styles are applied in the email preview and in every mail client. Apparently the code within the conditional comment is automatically being inserted as an inline style by Campaign Monitor.
How can I stop this from happening?

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

I'm curious about this matter... Your code seems flawless. Perhaps the issues is related somewhere else...

Have you tried contacting support directly with this problem?

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
PMcKern, 6 years ago

Similar problem. Looking for a solution to my problem with Outlook and image margins, I tried to put conditional margins on tables wrapped around the images (which Outlook recognizes better), but some clients compounded the image margins that Outlook was ignoring with the table margins that only Outlook was supposed to use, and I got twice as much margin as I needed.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free