Need to delete customized domain

I changed DNS for our main site to customize the domain, not realizing that would redirect the site to the CM login page.  So I removed the DNS setting (we have't run any emails yet) and when I click on customize to delete that domain, it takes me directly to our site with this URL:

Any suggestions on deleting that mapping in CM?

akenney, 6 years ago

OK, now I realized that everything I click pretty much goes to the domain.  I'm stuck now.

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

The mapping isn't done on CM side, but on your DNS settings (the CNAME entry that redirect towards So after deleting the CNAME entry, it should goes back to normal (though DNS takes some time to propagate).

Once the domain redirection is deleted (reverted back to, it should be ok. And actually, only a subdomain can be used to redirect to CM's admin...

Maybe I didn't understood the issue completely though. You might wanna contact support directly with this issue, to make sure.

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

We've talked directly via support, but for future reference you can always login using your original something.c/ URL and make changes there too.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free