CNAME record isn't picked up by CM

I've created a DNS record, type of CNAME with the "cname.createsend.com." reference. When I do a DNS lookup from: http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=116393, I get:

post.ourdomain.ext.    CNAME    IN    86400    cname.createsend.com.
ourdomain.ext.    NS    IN    86400    ournameserver.ext.
ourdomain.ext.    NS    IN    86400    ournameserver.ext.
ournameserver.ext.    A    IN    86400    IP
ournameserver.ext.    A    IN    86400    IP

So, it should be okay. But still, campaign monitor tells me differently, it shows the old CNAME record. It has been over 24 hours now....

matthaisz matthaisz, 6 years ago

Depending on when your server refreshes depends on how long it takes but, yeh, anything over 24 hours and I start to get annoyed to!

The cname looks correct. . although mine displays only the subdomain element in your case post when I administer the DNS. . .

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

Niels,

I could be wrong but I do believe your CNAME record has verified now, at least I see one active and verified in your account. Sometimes it can just take a while to propagate and be picked up by our servers. If you're still having problems get in touch with support and we can take a look and see if we can shed any light.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098