Weird delay with certain images in email campaign

Hi there,

I'm not sure if anyone has run into this issue before, but I thought I'd check.

We sent an A/B split campaign this morning, and we're noticing some weirdness with certain images not loading initially, then loading after closing and re-opening.

We imported the campaign from the web, and moved our CSS inline like you suggested. All test emails looked fine, and the email looked fine in the preview window within Campaign Monitor.

We were brought aware of this issue by a client who is using Outlook 2003, and could see the issue in the preview pane, and when the email was opened. We were also able to replicate the issue ourselves using Entourage. We would view the email in the preview pane, and certain images would be missing. We would then open the email, and those original missing images would load, and other images wouldn't show.

Do you guys have any idea what could be going on, when initial tests sent through campaign monitor were fine? Did something with the A/B split test cause this to happen? Is there a size limit to the images we should be aware of?

Please let me know if you need any additional information from me.

Much thanks!
-Kalen McConnell

katokalen, 6 years ago

Hi there - just a quick additional note. I've taken a look at our code, which is available here:

http://www.visitcalgary.com/sites/default/themes/tourismcalgary/email/2010/sept/index.html

I'm noticing that some of the "trouble" images don't have a "/" before the closing tag, and others are TD background images, could this be what the problem is?

Example: "Calgary Grey Cup Logo image" --> images/labourday-3.jpg (missing trailing slash)
Mark's face --> images/mark-main.jpg (td background image in code)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098