Table of contents - only 1 heading title out of 3 showing?

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes!

I want 3 title headings in my TOC (at the top right) for each of my 3 stories. However, only 1 heading title ever shows up in the TOC and nothing I do seems to get all 3 showing up. I have the following code:

... and then, above each story I have

<repeater toc= 'true'>
                          <h2> <$title link='true' default='Enter your title'$> </h2>
                          <p>Enter your description</p>

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong please?

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

When you say 'above each story' do you mean you have several separate repeaters? The table of contents can only work with one repeater, and it will show the headings from each individual item inside that repeater.

Is that clearer?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
toddo, 6 years ago

It's not a stupid question. I am having the same issue. To elaborate. In the content section of the newsletter there are 3 different articles, each one with their own title. So:

Sample Title 1
Body of text

Sample Title 2
Body of Text

Sample Title 3
Body ofText

I have the same code around each of my Sample Titles (on all 3 articles as LH does). Only Sample Title 1 shows up in the left column Table of Contents.  What are we doing wrong? We want all 3 titles to show up so that the Table of Contents is complete????

Lisa, 6 years ago

Figured it out. You don't add more than one article in your design coding. You only add code for one story. After you've imported your template, created a campaign, and get to the Editor it allows you to 'add new item' and automatically generates the TOC for the new item at that time.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free