API Changed?

Hey guys

Love the product & especially the API.  I'm developing some funky things with your API but in testing today I noticed something.  This latest update (an updated for the way that client billing is configured it seems) has broken part of my app.  Upon investigation I found this little gem...

[AccessAndBilling] => Array
        (
            ...
            [BillingType] => ClientPays
            ...
        )

Previously (and still according to http://www.campaignmonitor.com/api/method/client-updateaccessandbilling/) there were only three values for BillingType - UserPaysOnClientsBehalf, ClientPaysAtStandardRate & ClientPaysWithMarkup.

I'm not too fussed about anything at this point because I haven't released my app yet, but I doubt I'm the only one affected by this issue so my questions are ...

Was this intentional or accidental (not backwards compatible?) ?  And if intentional - could you please update the docco with the new goodies so I can continue developing for this great product?

Thanks a bunch
Brendan

tobyb tobyb, 6 years ago

Hi Brendan,

Sorry about that. We've just pushed a change up to fix that issue. The method should be returning the old results again now.

Just a heads up, we're in the process of developing a new version of the API (don't worry, the old version will continue to work just fine), if you have any wishes, suggestions or maybe something in the current version just isn't right be sure to let us know here

brendan, 6 years ago

No worries Toby.  Cheers for the quick fix!

I did see that thread about the new API.  I haven't come across anything that I'm trying to do and can't just yet - but will definitely let you guys know if I do!

Thanks again
Brendan

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098