Feature Request: Template colour schemes

Despite us training our clients how to specify a text colour using it's hexadecimal code when defining an emails content, they invariably don't bother doing this and just pick any colour which looks roughly right.

As a result, each campaign they send often ends up with several slightly different shades of their brand colours.

It would be great if we could specify a list of colours which are allowed to be used with each template, or at least to specify the default colours.

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I have added as a feature request for consideration. Would anyone else find this useful?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
Phil1, 4 years ago

Apparently not!

JohnP JohnP, 4 years ago

Do you mean for when they use the Editor (using a template you created)?

jayc jayc, 4 years ago

Hey Phil - thanks for bumping this thread up... I wasn't aware of it before!

This is something that I would find useful - our brand colour is a specific shade of red, but it is always a nuisance to type the hexadecimal code, even when I can remember it!

Having a custom palette per client would be great. Per template would be ok too, it would just mean that often the same colours would have to be entered for every template.

Phil1, 4 years ago

@JohnP yes exactly.

@jayc that's another very good reason why this might be useful. The main issue for me is that clients don't understand hex codes or see the importance of using the correct colour. Either per client or template would be useful but I'd lean towards per template as this would allow more flexibility.

JohnP JohnP, 4 years ago

If you are talking about the text color you can always put your editable tags inside the font/span tag that has the inline styling. That only suggests the default style/color though, not limiting them from changing the colors afterwards.

A suggestion I was thinking of making was for CM to allow the designer to upload a config file for the wysiwyg. It would just be a simple list of what colors/options to make available to the client. Or maybe this is something that could be added to the editable tag, something like this where you declare options:

<multiline options="bold italic font-size" colors="#000000 #252525 #770000" social="none">This editable area has restricted options</multiline>

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there JohnP and Phil1, consider your vote added for this. There are certainly a few designers who would like to limit the palette available to clients, so we'll keep you posted if this is something we add at a later date.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Chris Allen, 2 years ago

I would really like to be able to give my client a custom color palette (with their branded colors) for editing the templates I create. The color picker that is available when modifying templates, doesn't allow them to choose their colors or put in the hexadecimal codes.

If there is a way to do this in the current system, they have about 9 colors I would like to give them a choice to use. How can I do this now?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098