For autoresponders, I have a couple needs for a coupon that expires 7 days out (or whatever the client requests). Obviously, this "7 day out" period is based on the user's birthday or whenever a drip campaign goes out so it is not a fixed date like it would be in a regular email blast.
I am hoping the current date custom field can be of use?
Here is what I need to do:
1) Have the date be a determined amount of days beyond the date of send (current date + 7 for example)
2) Be able to be passed to a "coupon" page (HTML is fine so text can populate dynamically)
3) If possible, limit the print session to one time (though I recognize there is no way to limit print quantity since the print window is local and the quantity can be whatever the use inputs.
Is this possible? Are there plug-ins or supplementary services I can explore that would work with campaign monitor?
This is the ONLY item that I need and my clients would be very happy.
Hi boltmason, welcome to the forums! This is something that your landing page will have to handle for the most part, but here's an idea:
- Pass the coupon start date to your landing page via a link in your email (http://landingpage.com/coupon?start_date=[start, fallback=])
- Setup some JS to take this date value and +7 to calculate the expiry
- Display coupon depending on whether the visit is within the 7-day validity period.
As mentioned earlier, this involves your landing page doing the heavy lifting. Unfortunately, I don't know of any services that could whip this together for you in a hurry (and gosh, we'd be so happy if one did come along).
Alternately, if you do decide to base your coupon expiry on a static date, it might be worth giving Google Places' coupon a look. All the best!
Thank you. This will provide me a great start.
From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.Get started for free