Moving subscribers between segments

I have two segments A and B. The A segment has high opening/click through rates, the B segment has a poor opening / click through rate.

I want to move the subscribers from segment B who open/click into the A segment.

Based on the help topic http://app.campaignmonitor.com/help/topic.aspx?t=71
What should I know about 'importing' or 'updating' email addresses and subscriber details?

I though exporting segment B to Excel, updating their segment code from B to A and importing them again would update the segment code on the Campaign Monitor database.

Have I got it wrong or are custom fields not updateable this way.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Paul

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Hi Paul,

You're doing everything right, but a bug has crept in at our end.

This is a high priority fix for us, and we have developers working on this right now. We'll report back here when this problem has been resolved.

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Hi Paul,

Just a quick update to let you know that this bug has now been fixed, and the custom fields will now be updated in the way you would expect.

PFG, 8 years ago

Ben

I am stunned - you win the prize for fastest fix.

One minor point. After you import the data and go to the segments list to check how the recipeint count in each segment has changed the count is not updated straight away. Even after doing a page refresh.

If you go to the Manage Segments page it shows the old record count - in my case even after an F5.  However, if you  click on a segment it gives you the correct record count. On returning to the Manage Segment page all the segments have their record counts updated.

Like I say, a minor issue.

Thank you very much for fixing the bug so quickly.

Regards

Paul

Paul
Lewes, UK
Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Hi Paul,

We are aware of the segment count issue. Evaluating segments can be quite taxing on the servers, especially if you have a lot of them on a large list, so we cache the segment counts at various points in the app. But it looks like there are times when this caching is becoming confusing, so we're working on optimizing these segment count queries.

And we're always keen to fix bugs as soon as possible. Luckily this one wasn't as tricky as some others can be.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098