Campaign preview in browsers are different. IE too wide, FireFox ok.

When test viewing our campaign http://email.targetemail.ca/T/ViewEmail/r/747CF63E3DC6952A in IE, the main table is too wide, however in FireFox it is fine.

Another strange thing is that when I send a test email to my Outlook Express client, it renders fine upon the first open. If I open it a second time, the width is then again too wide.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dino

fantasticthinking fantasticthinking, 6 years ago

Hi Dino,

I understand you posted this 4 days ago, so sorry if this help is too late.

I had a similar problem when I started producing some new email templates after a long break, where in the meantime I had been developing sites. Since the two are quite different in what works, and what doesn't, I fell to a couple of simple mistakes.

One of these had the effect you've described. You may have used "XXpx" for height/width of HTML-styled elements. (e.g. <table width="600px"></table>) This does not render correctly; you should omit the "px."

See below:
Right

<table id="container" width="600" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    <tr>
        <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
</table>

Wrong

<table id="container" width="600px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    <tr>
        <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
</table>

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Yann

Fantastic Thinking

From one-off email campaigns to global website rollouts, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you plan and deliver your online brand ambitions.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098