Quick-install templates between clients?

A LOT of our prospective clients are very template minded (coming from Constant Contact, MailChimp and others) or they are new to email marketing and want to 'see and play' with things before committing.

I set them up with a client level login and let them play - which works really well.  They get to see how easy the platform is to use directly - with just one problem.  Access to templates.  Clients want to see dozens of existing templates to give them ideas, to help them decide if they want to spend money on custom templates and so on.  Its the first thing they ask for and something I have to accommodate every time.

As a result i'm finding i'm uploading the same bunch of templates to every single client demo account every time we deal with a prospective client and its becoming a real time drain. Surely this is something that should be managed at our account level as well as on a client-by-client basis.

It would be extremely useful (not to mention a massive time saver) for me to able able to upload templates to my account once and then roll them out and delete them from each client account without the need to re-upload them every time to each individual account.

Is there a way to do this that I've not spotted or, if not, is it something that can be arranged?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

cmchris, 6 years ago

another thing that would be useful would be the ability to remove more than one template at a time from our client logins and from our main account too.  At present the process of going through a dozen or two templates to delete them individually feels a bit convoluted.

Thanks again.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi cmchris, you can possibly achieve this using a new integration in the works called  Artesano. I know that the automatic upload of templates is on their feature list, but I haven't been able to demo it as yet myself. So my advice is to get in touch with the developer - it may well do the trick :)

It is also possible to delete templates using the API. However, if the idea is to be able to achieve both tasks via the app, I'm happy to put this into a feature request for you. Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
artesano, 6 years ago

Hello cmchris,
I'm Carlos, developer for ArtesanoCode.com - we can definitely help you. This form will allow your clients to create their own account from your site and also adds templates on account creation. We are currently improving the templates feature and making it much more powerful. And very soon you will be able to have more options to manage your templates. Let me know if you have any questions or need more information, I'll be happy to help - support@artesanocode.com

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
ArtesanoCode.com
Campaign Monitor Client Sign Up Form

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
cmchris, 6 years ago

Thank you both for your feedback.

The signup form looks interesting (and thanks for jumping in to explain it so quickly, artesano), but our clients want us to handle things for them where that is concerned  - its really back end management of templates between our client accounts that we setup that I was looking for.  The idea being that we can quickly deploy (and delete) templates for any client without manually uploading them to each client account every time   We will be looking at using the API in the future for other reasons, but perhaps its time to start looking at it in more depth.  I've some reading to do ;)

In all honesty I was looking for a lazy shortcut - if kind of 'cross-client' template management (and the tools to delete more than 1 template at a time) were ever to make their way into the platform I'd certainly extremely happy.

Thanks for the responses and for taking the time to consider our requests - this is why we use you guys :)

mr, 4 years ago

Hi, I am having a similar issue. I am wondering what is the latest update from CM on this issue

thanks

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi mr, welcome to the forums! We don't have a 'quick' way to quick-install templates just yet, however as has been previously mentioned, there are the options of using Artesano or rolling your own script using the API. Alternately, you can rapidly create templates for your clients using the template builder.

I'll give this issue a nudge and naturally, keep you updated - thank you for writing in! :D

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098