confirmation email via API

I am looking at the documentation for
Subscriber.AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/api/method/subscriber-add-and-resubscribe-with-custom-fields/

It says: "If the list has been set as double opt-in, they will be sent the verification email, otherwise they will be sent the confirmation email you have set up for the list being subscribed to."
What about if I just want NO EMAIL AT ALL? We are moving from an older system to CampaignMonitor so I don't want people to receive an email confirmation. Plus we take care of our own email confirmations.

Will this API call send an email? Or ONLY if I've set up an auto-responder?

jamesd jamesd, 6 years ago

For double opt-in lists, the verification email is always sent. If this isn't suitable, you shouldn't be using a double opt-in list.

For single opt-in lists, a traditional confirmation email will only be sent in the case where you have set one up for the list (not by default). And also for single opt-in lists, an autoresponder email will only be sent when you have set one up based on subscription to the list (not by default).

The best way to find out the answers to these sort of questions is to try it out with the lists you're working with.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098