Random Image Map disappearing in Outlook 2007?

I’m having a problem with one image map in outlook 2007. All the other image maps render perfectly in Outlook 2007, bar one which seems to have disappeared. It display perfectly in every other email client and browser. The code is validated with no obvious errors. The only way to solve the issue is by redrawing the map. Ive had these issue sporadically on various emails over the last couple of months, but I cant seem to find a pattern or coloration in why and when it occurs. Ive noticed other people suffering the same problem, but as yet no one has found an answer.

Any ideas?

BThies BThies, 5 years ago

Image maps aren't fully supported - I'd recommend cutting up and linking individual images instead.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
Richard.Wendon Richard.Wendon, 5 years ago

I agree with Brian, but something i have noticed in the past is that occasionaly if you have an image map on a picture, then alter the picture the image map stays in its original place... so in when you go to interact with the image map... its actually in a different place to where you expect.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free