Templates Not Visible in Dreamweaver Split or Design View

I am trying to use some of the free templates and I am noticing that some of them allow you to edit the actual structure of the email and some are not visible at all in dreamweaver's design or split view. When I look at them in these views I see a 1 row 2 column table with </td> inside of it. The only way I am able to see the email is if I click live view, but then I am not able to change anything else unless I do it within the coding.  With some of the other templates I can go to the design view and copy and paste things easily from there and I would like to be able to do that with all of the templates.  Any Ideas?

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Could you let us know which template you see this problem with? We can take a look at it here. In the meantime, you should be able to use the source view, which is always the best option when dealing with email templates.

That way you can see the Campaign Monitor template tags in place.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
jjhoward05, 5 years ago

It says 45royale(classic)...Also I am using dreamweaver CS4 if that helps.

Stephen, 5 years ago

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and just to let you know, I believe the problem here is that one of the <td> tags towards the end of the templates ( situated just above the <!-- body --> HTML comment ) has a duplicate style="" tag, as per below:

<td width="16" style="font-size: 0px;" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="font-family: Georgia, serif; background: #fff;">&nbsp;</td>

As a result, if you edit the above line of code to the following, the template(s) should then display correctly within Dreamweaver:

<td width="16" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="font-size: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; background: #fff;">&nbsp;</td>

I'll also pass this on to our web team and will ask them to upload an amended version of this template, so this is fixed for all future downloads.

Thanks again.

jjhoward05, 5 years ago

Well I made the change you suggested and I am still unable to see the structural layout in the split or design view without the live view being checked.  There have been some other templates that I have seen this happen with as well not just this one: Mike Kus (Worn) does this in the full width version only, and it also does this in MetaLab (Mute) in the left sidebar and right sidebar only.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free