Privacy discussions with clients

Hello, I have been using CM for some time now with my clients as a re-branded business.

Yesterday I met with a new client and they wanted to know more about the software. Whenever I am asked specifically, I tell clients that the software does not belong to me and that I have re-branded and re-purposed the product to help small business. Usually my clients appreciate my honesty and we go on with the meeting, but on this meeting, the client was concerned about security with their private information.

It is a valid concern for my client, but I didn't know how to tell them how secure CM is without telling them that I use CM. I felt I would lost the client if I had not spilled the beans. So I told them about CM.

My question is, what is the best way to handle this type of scenario without telling the clients about CM? Is there some white label security information that I could print off? Any other tips from other resellers out there?

Thanks in advance!

Jdawg2k, 6 years ago

Bump. Does anybody have any suggestions or helpful hints that can help me out in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Greg Strutton Greg Strutton, 6 years ago

Hey, We don't offer a document which covers this specific topic.  But we do have a page in our Features section which covers Our Infrastructure.  It includes items such as privacy and data security, as well as deliverability.  You could use the content on this page and present this to the client.  Do you think this would cover any of the questions you have been asked before?

Jdawg2k, 6 years ago

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply. I do like the information here. I wonder if you could provide this information in a white-label print friendly format? It would be a great addition to the other material you have for designers.

abelcreative, 5 years ago

major major bump - I have a client asking why they should use my service (CM) over Constant Contact and I have no website to send them to. I could copy and paste stuff into an email but that seems suspicious. What do I do? Where can I "send" them?

Jarrod Jarrod, 5 years ago

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in linking you up, but we do offer whitelabel Executive Summaries for Resellers in both Photoshop and InDesign formats. They take on more of a "sales" approach, so don't contain the security information you may be after, but they are editable so feel free to add in any of the information you find on our site that would be relevant.

abelcreative, 5 years ago

Very helpful Jarrod - almost exactly what I was looking for. Though I'd love to see the whole feature list make up a 2nd page: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/features/all/ - I guess I can do that now that I've got a photoshop file! Thanks guys

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098