PayPal as Payment Provider

After dabbling with CM for over a year the income potential has only recently dawned me. The business model is very attractive and I can certainly now see the income potential. However, one reservation I have to committing time and energy to developing the business is PayPal. Their transfer charges are high and once the money is in your account, accessing it is then subject to further charges. I can see the attraction of PayPal for individuals to transfer money easily, but I don't believe it to be a serious option for a business. We have acted as resellers for a number of International products over the last 10 years and have always received payment via wire transfer directly into our company bank account. The system is simple and professional and facilitates the transfer of even large sums relatively cheaply. Could you not consider adopting this as a payment method guys?

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Paul, we are always looking into options, but we've found so far Paypal to be a long way ahead of the other options in terms of ease of implementation, cost and also acceptance across the many countries our customers are in.

Definitely it has some drawbacks, and if we do find something which meets the same requirements better we'd consider making the switch. Dealing with direct transfers from Australia actually is not so simple unfortunately.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
ghazlewood, 5 years ago

I'd like to add my voice to the conversation and say that I too would also like an alternative to Paypal.  The only reason I use Paypal for business (in the main) is to receive Campaign Monitor payments.  I would love to be able to choose a different method to receive funds in future.

rodomo rodomo, 5 years ago

I would also like to see an alternative to PayPal

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free