Yahoo cellspacing issue

I've had a look through the forums but cannot find anything about this.

I'm getting different visuals from the CM design tests and actual emails.  Only with Yahoo (from what I can tell).

I'm not sure if it's Yahoo Classic Mail?

The email looks fine in the design test but I then sent myself an email to my yahoo account and the main content table had lost all of its cellspacing.  Everything else in the email was fine.

Has anyone come across this.

I have back-tracked through another campaign (different design) but again Yahoo didn't display the cell spacing which on some designs isn't horrendous but others it matters, especially with darker background colours on the body.

Thanks in advance

vine, 5 years ago

Having spoken with CM - it seems there is currently 3 versions of yahoo mail in operation.  I was viewing my campaigns in the older Classic Mail but there are also newer versions!  Still it would be good to hear from anyone who has cell spacing issues with Yahoo Classic...

Diana Diana, 5 years ago

Hey Vine,

Have you tried cellpadding in place of cellspacing? There are some email clients that just don't like cellspacing. You can often use padding to get similar results.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Kinski, 5 years ago

I've not had issues with cell-spacing, but I've had simililar issue with previews and yahoo.  Previews are great but when received in yahoo it's not good. 

Cell spacing is fine, it's the title, it reads like cyrillic and is unreadable, but problematic because it's so in your face.

vine, 5 years ago

Hi Diana - thanks for the cellpadding tip, i'll give it a go.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free