Adding DomainKeys using 123-Reg

Has anyone managed to add DomainKeys and Sender ID using 123-Reg. I have followed the advice on this web page but Campaign Monitor does not want to Authenticate them.

Can anybody help?

Thanks Gavin

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Have you tried doing a TXT record lookup on your domain at (as per )?

That will show you if the records are actually there or not.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
gavcooper, 8 years ago

Does not look like they are there. Is the next step for me to contact 123-Reg for assistance?

DNS Lookup: TXT record
mail iconEmail link to results
Generated by at 11:26:37 GMT on 01 Feb 2008.

How I am searching:

Searching for TXT record at []: Got referral to (zone: uk.) [took 42 ms]
Searching for TXT record at []: Got referral to (zone: [took 125 ms]
Searching for TXT record at []: Reports that no TXT records exist. [took 119 ms] Response: No TXT records exist for, and does not exist. [Neg TTL=86400 seconds] Details: (an authoritative nameserver for says that there are no TXT records for, and that the hostname does not exist. The E-mail address in charge of the zone is:
There is no need to refresh the page -- to see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are reporting the same results, you can Click Here. Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these are not cached results. These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right now (unless they have cached information).

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Gav, I just double checked too and can confirm the record isn't there. I'd recommend contacting the 123-Reg support team and ask them to make sure they've added the record correctly.

redcat, 8 years ago

I might be wrong here but looking at the whois record for shows the nameservers on a different server that the 123-reg servers.  The only way the DNS control panel will work on 123-reg is if the nameservers are with 123-reg.  Otherwise you will need to add the TXT record to your zone file on the server.

I fell foul of exactly the same thing yesterday trying to create an A record for a domain on 123-reg when the nameservers are pointing somewhere else.

As I say, I might be wrong.

Andy Jacobs
timbohn, 8 years ago

I am trying to add those records to a domain in 123-reg today also.
I set them up in 123 a couple of hours ago.
They are now appearing in DNS stuff see here

The SenderID has authenticated in campaign monitor but the domainkey hasn't.

I use @ in the name field in the 123 DNS area.
I don't think that will work OK for domainkeys, but 123 doesn't seem to allow dots(.) in the name field, which would mean we can't authenticate domainkeys with 123.

Anyone else managed to do this?

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Tim and Gav, if their admin tool doesn't allow you to add a name with a dot, you'll need to fire their support an email ask them to add it for you manually. Most ISP's are usually more than happy to take care of this.

gavcooper, 8 years ago

Dave, will do thanks

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

I think I should point out that Dave is actually on his honeymoon in the Maldives right now.

Dave, step away from the computer and give your new wife the attention she deserves!!

russelcole, 8 years ago

Hope married life is treating you well Dave.

Wondering if 123-reg ever sorted this for you as I'm having same problem.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

As far as we know Russel, 123 still has the same restrictions on their front end. It may be possible for them to manually fix it for you though.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
gavcooper, 8 years ago

I gave up in the end, if you get a result it would be nice to know.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free