Update client access without password

Hey guys

Loving the new API - great job!

It's half-solved my problem with groups in Campaign Press - I can now use the setpaygbilling method to change billing details for groups.

The only problem stopping me from implementing this functionality is that I also want to enable the change of access (e.g. going from no subscriber imports to subscriber imports) - and this still isn't possible with the new API.

Would you guys consider changing the setaccess method to allow a blank Username & Password and allowing just AccessLevel on its own?

This would make me very happy :)

Please let me know if this is possible and/or is on the cards.

Cheers
Brendan

jamesd jamesd, 6 years ago

Hey Brendan,

Apologies for not including the change to allow access level to be set without setting password in our initial release of v3.

I've added a vote for your feature request. I'm thinking that the best way to achieve this without changing any expected input or output is to add logic (which will obviously be documented) to ensure that a client's password is never changed if it is passed in as an empty string. The username can be set by first getting the extant username, so validation on that probably wouldn't change.

We'll let you know here when we've implemented this.

Thanks for the feedback.

brendan, 6 years ago

Hi James

That's quite alright.  Your solution sounds great.  Can't wait to use it when it's done :)

Thanks
Brendan

andjules, 5 years ago

+1

JonJoyce, 5 years ago

+1

Jonathon Joyce

http://www.jonathonjoyce.co.uk/projects/campaign-monitor-cfc/
http://campaignmonitorcfc.riaforge.org/
paxmentis, 5 years ago

+1

anthodges anthodges, 5 years ago

+1

jfhoupert, 5 years ago

+1

J.F. Houpert
Phil Phil, 5 years ago

Hi everyone, i'm pleased to announce that this issue was actually solved along with the recent push of webhooks functionality.

Check out the docs for updating access settings. You'll find that for any client who already has access (ie AccessLevel > 0) you can completely omit the UserName and Password from the Request Body and just update the AccessLevel, all without any error, although both are needed when going from no access to some access for the first time.

Phil

gbot, 5 years ago

+1

======
Gavin
Phil Phil, 5 years ago

Hi gbot,

I'm not sure if you noticed the post directly before yours, but this was fixed during the last release. Give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

brendan, 5 years ago

Fantastic, thanks guys!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098