Link Coloring

I have a sort of specific problem, hopefully it will have an easy answer. I have a client who needs a call-to-action buttons (large, blue buttons with white text) at the bottom of an email template. The catch: the buttons must be interchangeable for different campaigns. My initial thought was to do images (there aren't that many variations) that can be changed in the CM editor, and link=true to update the URL. The problem with that is CM won't allow you to change the alt attribute in the editor, so when the email degrades to text-only, it won't have the correct text.

Instead, I made the button using a table and image caps (it has some rounded corners) and a background color in the middle. Now the text is dynamic (using the 'title' type) and can be made to link using link=true. The problem here is that I am specifying the link color in the body tag using <body link='#XXXXXX'> That link color is the same color blue as the button background (because all of the other in-line text links in the message, some also dynamically added by CM, need to be that color). Because I am adding the link dynamically in CM, I can't give it an inline style to override the body link color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098